[WikiEN-l] Ephemeral nature of web pages - a silly idea?

Ilmari Karonen nospam at vyznev.net
Sat Jan 6 21:06:36 UTC 2007

James Hare wrote:

> Or how about a Library of Congress-esque things for websites, where
> identified websites are selectively archived so they can exist for eternity
> (as opposed to Wayback Machine which seems to work as randomly picking
> pages).

Someone else on this list recently pointed me to www.webcitation.org,
which seems to exist for exactly this purpose.  I've been gradually
going through articles I've edited in the past and submitting any web
pages I've cited for archiving, and I encourage others to do the same.
Their bookmarklet feature is particularly convenient for this.

--
Ilmari Karonen