[WikiEN-l] Ephemeral nature of web pages - a silly idea?

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:06:16 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or how about a Library of Congress-esque things for websites, where
> identified websites are selectively archived so they can exist for eternity
> (as opposed to Wayback Machine which seems to work as randomly picking
> pages).

Already in progress, in various forms... several national libraries
are slowly kicking "online legal deposit" (or something similar) into
place, and many countries have fiddled the copyright laws to permit
it.

(Denmark is the only one I know of fully up and running, but the
system is getting there)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk