[WikiEN-l] Brandt unblocked by Jimbo - community support?

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Apr 19 21:33:24 UTC 2007

Info Control wrote:
> On 4/19/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Of course he could, but he said he talked to Brandt, so he clearly knows
>> something the rest of us don't.
>

> Why would we unblock based on secret information? With this, if Brandt
> hypothetically did something now, would only Jimbo be allowed to re-block?

If Brandt engages in any sort of behavior which would normally get
someone blocked, then by all means, reblock him of course.  He is under
no special protection.

However, and this is a personal recommendation, please do not be too
trigger-happy, as you are likely to cause the community a lot of grief
when we have an opportunity here to resolve this issue amicably and put
it behind us.

As for me, I don't believe in holding grudges and having endless fights.
  When peace is possible, it is worth going for.

--Jimbo