[WikiEN-l] "Our school board decided to block Wikipedia..."

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sat Apr 14 16:32:35 UTC 2007

On 14 Apr 2007 at 04:09:06 +0100, "David Gerard" <dgerard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 14/04/07, gjzilla at gmail.com <gjzilla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I've been reading some of the comments, and they seem to
> > indicate something of a Wikipedia-backlash-backlash.
>
> This means, of course, that Wikipedia is now Punk Rock.

The concept of multilayered backlashes is hardly new either to
Wikipedia or to Punk Rock; it's present, for instance, in the
centuries-old English word "antidisestablishmentarianism", which is a
name for the backlash against disestablishmentarianism, which in turn
is the backlash against establishmentarianism.  If another level of
backlash were to develop, it might be named
"contraantidisestablishmentarianism".

--
== Dan ==