[WikiEN-l] cancelation of the deletion review of the satanism userbox

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed May 31 21:26:37 UTC 2006

Exactly how does allowing a userbox for people to show they're a satanist
puts Wikipedia in disrepute? We've got userboxes for multiple beliefs and
life styles and satanism is just another to add to the bunch. You act as if
satanism is bad. Perhaps you should read the article on the subject. Just
the lead alone is quite informative.

Besides, it's not exactly a secret we don't select editors on their beliefs.
Deleting one userbox because people mis-associate it with something they
consider evil will only promote ignorance.

Either cut all religious userboxes or keep them all, don't start getting
selective. The box is just as useful as a "I am a Christian"-box. Disrepute
due to beliefs is only an issue if said editors consistently misbehave.

People worry too much over userboxes. Either take the above suggestion and
make general boxes, or simply make one now and stop the proliferation.

Mgm