[WikiEN-l] To: Jimmy Wales - Admin-driven death of Wikipedia

jf_wikipedia at mac.com jf_wikipedia at mac.com
Tue May 30 15:02:59 UTC 2006

On May 29, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Nick Boalch wrote:

>> I see no problem with requiring them to be reaffirmed every 2
>> years or
>> so. If they are unpleasant that is reason enough not to reaffirm
>> them.

I oppose this... since becoming an admin a few months ago, my user
page has been vandalized 98 times by those users that I have blocked
for disruption and vandalism, or those that believed that a page
protection or closing an AfD against their POV were admin abuse . All
I need is 98 "against" votes on such reaffirmation.

The peer review process that can be initiated by posting a complaint
at WP:ANI, or as a last resort presented to de ArbCom, is sufficient
recourse for those that have a complaint against an administrator.

-- Jossi