[WikiEN-l] Unblock request

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon May 22 20:52:57 UTC 2006

> > NO! The right to remain anonymous on Wikipedia is SACRED. Don't mess
> > with it unless you want someone to reveal who "alphasigmax at gmail.com"
> > is. If you want to inquire about someones real identity, then email
> > that person DIRECTLY.
>
>  This should interest you:
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Asperger_syndrome&diff=21282302&oldid=21132475
>
>  Here, my "sacred" right to remain anonymous was ignored as blatantly as any has ever been in Wiki's history. No wrong was ever found in the party who did it, and I was the one who ended up abused by Wiki instead - by admins blatantly swanking that there are no rights - at the end of the affair this exposure of identity began.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_ask,_don't_tell. I feel
sorry for you that some Wikipedians behave so disrespectfully. In
general, people on Wikipedia love to contribute to the largest
knowledgebase on earth, but then there are some that just generally
love to act like pricks. However, there is no rule forcing you to out
yourself. Getting yourself a throwaway webmail account and a fake
identity is dirt simple. You didn't.

--
mvh Björn