[WikiEN-l] Unblock request

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Fri May 19 20:09:03 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Saladin1970's actual article "contributions" have all been POV,
> usually not relevant to the article, extremely poorly written,
> generally unsourced, and, when sourced, taken from non-reliable
> sources; that's when they haven't been POV copyvios.  Moreover, they
> have been reverted by 9 different editors.  He has managed all of this
> in under 50 edits.  I'm having difficulty understanding what value he
> could possibly bring to the project.
>
> Jay.

He's a newbie. He doesn't understand our rules or procedures or have any
sense of institutional memory like those of us who have been around for a
long time. Revert him, zap him with the cluebat a few times, and give him a
chance to reform. This is a wiki and the article histories are preserved
indefinitely. If short blocks have no effect on him, then I'd be willing to
consent to a community ban. But we have to try them first.

Ryan