[WikiEN-l] CVU -> WP:CVP? (was The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 10:40:05 UTC 2006

Fastfission wrote:

>As for the project itself, I don't see it adding "process"; it seems
>like a way to centralize certain resources and participation, which I
>don't think is negative in any way.

I think the CVU is a clear win for Wikipedia and holding back the
masses (and I do mean *masses*) of vandalism. Curps in particular has
done some amazing work with bot-based detection of vandalism, needed
to counter the bot-based vandalism that is fashionable amongst the
kiddies these days. You really would not believe the mountains of crap
the CVU holds back.

If the name is the real issue, I don't see anything wrong with calling
it "WikiProject Counter Vandalism Project", which after all is what it
is.

- d.