[WikiEN-l] Should we be declaring war on vandals?

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 21:06:02 UTC 2006

Should any of us declare war on vandals?

Aren't most vandals people who are just being juvenile, and likely if
shown how much fun being a productive contributor to Wikipedia is,
would rather have their edits last, influencing others?

Shouldn't we distinguish between fighting vandalism and fighting
vandals? It's not personal -- it's business. Right?

Isn't declaring war a gross violation of assuming good faith?

Please tell me why "declaring war" on vandals is a good idea.