[WikiEN-l] Encyclopaedic standards

apw at ap-woolrich.co.uk apw at ap-woolrich.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 20:24:25 UTC 2005

Following from my post earlier this evening about getting more
competent editors, has any thought ever been given to snappy slogans
which might be included in email signatures?

eg - I edit Wikipedia, so why don't you?
or - Help educate the planet - become a Wikipedia editor. No pay,
just lots of satisfaction.

[Suitably beefed up with the the URL,of course]

At a seminar I took part in in November, the hand-outs I provided
were print-outs of Wikipedia articles I had written, with a word or
two about what Wikipedia was. I have no idea if these will bring
results, but its was worth trying, I feel.

If potential editors know someone who is an editor, they will see we
are - (mostly) - serious people, with a mission, and worth
considering joining. Its the personal contact that counts, I feel.

Tony Woolrich