[WikiEN-l] My rant

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 01:09:16 UTC 2005

I'm pissed, and I want to rant. (you've been warned)

At Mitsubishi Companies and Mitsubishi, I spent weeks figuring out
all the ramifications of the mitsubishi companies.

Then the list of companies gets dropped from the main article, then
the mitsubishi companies article gets redirected, and now appears
nowhere.

The information on the current mistubishi page is incorrect.

I tell you something. I've been spending a lot of time trying to
unravel japanese companies, their partneships, ownerships, lines of
business, banking reltionships, subsidiaries, formal and informal
relationships. Yet people come behind me and redirect everything back
to the old bad way it was before. And these are not vandals, but
regular wikipedia contributors. I don't want to hurt their feelings,
and I don't want to get into wars of words, but when they simply
redirect or blank out hours of work without comment as to why, it
makes me believe they don't care for my contributions.

I don't make waves, I do my share of vandal reverts, I plod along
super-boring subjects, fact-checking and fact-checking on google
every  little word I write in here. I never remove people's words,
rather I copyedit. typoedit. add sections, try to organize, to
expand, to make more and more complex subjects accessible. I even try
to get along, help along, people who otherwise are insufferable.

I want a little respect for my work.

If it's too much to ask, then, I'll have to leave and remember WP as
something which sounded good on paper but didn't work for me in the
real world.

About http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Dispute_resolution,
I deal with plenty of politics at work already, and I don't care to
follow an overly burdensome and complicated process to enforce
something which is obvious to civilized people.

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell
chris_mahan at yahoo.com