[WikiEN-l] Re: External links and self-linking to my site (NSK)

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Wed Jan 12 17:04:43 UTC 2005

NSK said:

> I considered the situation and found that Wikipedia needs an External
> Link  Proposal Procedure (ELPP).

You don't need all this palaver.  Just negotiate external links on an
article-by-article basis.  If you're the only person editing an article,
ask another editor to look at the link in the context of the article and
remove it if necessary.  Be prepared to take no for an answer and don't
get into arguments, and you shouldn't encounter any serious problems.