[WikiEN-l] Re: External links and self-linking to my site (NSK)

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Jan 12 17:22:27 UTC 2005

NSK (nsk2 at wikinerds.org) [050113 03:50]:

> Yes, I can agree with this, and I think what I am doing is fair and useful to
> the reader. And hey, your post was very insightful.
> I considered the situation and found that Wikipedia needs an External Link
> Proposal Procedure (ELPP).
> Here is how ELPP could work:

(snip 20 lines)

Please read [[m:Instruction creep]]. Procedures are *bad*; we should have
only the procedures we need, and those as lightweight as possible.

Here's a suggested better ELPP: put your link on the talk page, saying
"here is my page, does anyone else think it's worth including?" Then if
someone else does, they will.

I'm not going to write that up as a procedure because it doesn't need it.
See [[m:Instruction creep]].

- d.