[WikiEN-l] Re: A neo-Nazi wikipedia

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Tue Aug 23 21:32:02 UTC 2005

> No, he's quite specifically stated that his theory is that Wikipedia
> currently has a "pro-Jewish" bias, because it is run by a Jewish cabal.

True.

> His edits themselves had little value, and he has
> encouraged people to join Wikipedia and target certain
> users based on their ethnicity, and to use anonymous
> proxies to edit (which he admits to using himself).

In the discussion I saw he pointed out that the best way to avoid being
blocked was not to use anonymous proxies (although he was clearly familiar
with that too) but to create a username and stick to the rules. That this
method seems to have failed him does not, I think, reflect well on us. All
it will do is get him back to using open proxies.

> Furthermore,
> he has said some pretty vile things about Wikipedians, admittedly on other
> boards; but if he had posted a list of Wikipedians who he thought were
> "niggers", I wonder if the consensus for banning him would be stronger.
> Perhaps the word "kike" doesn't have quite the same taboo quality.

The precise ethnic slur used would not make any difference to me. As far
as I know 'kike' is just as offensive as 'nigger' but I'm not a native
English speaker.

> Also, how many people here would really monitor
> his edits, and actually spend the effort trying
> to figure out if they were really NPOV, aside from
> those he has targeted?

I hereby volunteer to watch his edits and revert and comment as
appropriate if he is unbanned and returns to editing. That's one. Jack,
you in? Anyone else?

> Finally, as has been pointed out, his failure to
> significantly disrupt Wikipedia was not for lack of trying.

I disagree. I don't think he had any intention of disrupting Wikipedia. He
certainly did want his own POV to be better represented, though.

Regards,
Haukur