[WikiEN-l] Re: Transwiki wars, precedence, and the fate of user-compiled lists

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Aug 1 18:38:27 UTC 2005

Anthere,

I think it would help Admins at en.wikipedia if we knew which of our
contributors have been blocked from contributing to other Wikimedia
projects - such as the French or German encyclopedias.

It's so easy to be a charming and helpful contributor that I am no
longer worried about potential "civil rights violations". Disruptive
users should not be tolerated.

If anyone wants to coach a clueless newbie, that's their choice. I've
helped user:Gabrielsimon and he seems to have learned enough to avoid
being blocked while I was on vacation last week. But ordinarily, if
people don't want to follow rules on being civil or avoiding bias, the
project is MUCH better off without them.

This is not the world's largest blog. It's a project to create an
encyclopedia. Serious, dedicated people are needed here. Troublemakers
should be shown the door - and quickly.

Oncle Edmond