[WikiEN-l] Columbia Encyclopedia titles

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Tue Mar 2 13:36:44 UTC 2004

Hi.

Yesterday I did this little comparison that Jimmy Wales asked me to do,
to see how large our encyclopedia would be if we covered the same topics
as Columbia.

Among other things, the result revealed that about half of their article
titles do not have corresponding titles on Wikipedia.

My question is whether we want to do something about this (create
redirects). I would like to dump the huge list of article titles we
don't have onto some page in the Wikipedia namespace, and have our bulk
of volunteers work through them and create redirects to the relevant
pages, or mark some as "we *really* don't have something about this
topic" if applicable.

Would such an effort be warranted?

Timwi