[WikiEN-l] Can we ban 172 now? And VV too! (in response to Fred Bauder)

Abe Sokolov abesokolov at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:17:59 UTC 2004

Re: "Hey - let's all calm down and take a deep breath. Now please be nice to
one
another!"

-- mav

I'm already calm, so I don't need to take a deep breath. I'm just sitting
here at my desk, kind of tired after not getting much sleep, looking over
some papers and research, checking e-mail in various accounts, checking news
sites, and the like.

But I am fed up with Wikipedia, though, and especially people like Stan and
Fred. I doubt that I'll be able to be nice to either of them until they stop
spreading these lies about me being a Stalinist in order to attack my
academic credibility. I've been donating so much time to Wikipedia over the
course of the past 18 months, and I'm tired of the same clowns distorting
the substance of what contribute to articles over and over again all the
time.

Now, if Wikipedia's giving up on academic professionalism, I'll leave
without much of a fuss. I have no problem bailing out on a lost cause.