[WikiEN-l] Can we ban 172 now? And VV too! (in response to Fred Bauder)

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Jun 2 19:41:15 UTC 2004

Abe Sokolov wrote:

> Re: "Hey - let's all calm down and take a deep breath. Now please be
> nice to one
> another!"
>
> -- mav
>
> I'm already calm, so I don't need to take a deep breath. I'm just
> sitting here at my desk, kind of tired after not getting much sleep,
> looking over some papers and research, checking e-mail in various
> accounts, checking news sites, and the like.
>
> But I am fed up with Wikipedia, though, and especially people like
> Stan and Fred. I doubt that I'll be able to be nice to either of them
> until they stop spreading these lies about me being a Stalinist...

I've never said you were a Stalinist. I do think you're heavily biased;
you always have an excuse or apology for a leftwinger's action, and
are always ready to blame a rightwinger for engaging in exactly the
same kinds of actions. As it happens, there's a strain of academic
history for which this degree of bias is considered normal, and another
strain on the rightwing side too; an unfortunate state of affairs. It's
gotten so bad these days that you can't usefully read anything on
20th-century history before finding out the left/right bias of the writer.

Stan