[WikiEN-l] Re: Viajero/Zero and Lance6 - POV terms

S. Vertigo sewev at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 15:01:48 UTC 2004

Mark wrote: "I don't know whether Harold Shipman still
denies murder, but, if he admits it, then surely
calling him a murderer is justified and NPOV. If he
disputes it, then calling him a 'convicted murderer, a
charge that he still denies' seems fair."

Sannse replied: "It's rather pedantic and irrelevant
to the discussion, but Shipman isn't denying anything
any more - he's dead."

I think Mark is right about a great many things, but
leaving it to a murderer to decide how their history
is written is not one of them. These days even a guy
who goes postal on an office full of people is still
just an "alleged murderer."  If we just agreed that
murder has a real definition, in religious, (old
government), social (culture trancending governments)
and legal (recent law) contexts, then to let someone
denial of their extremely low social status of
"murderer" by simple matter of opinion is... POV. We
dont consider POV unless its attributed, and in that
case, I disagree that a denial should be so closely
attached to the facts, as if they were in the least
related.

Yes, I know; this energy should be going toward
articles. ;)
-~~~