[WikiEN-l] Fork risk (was Re: Google ads)

Thomas R. Koll tomk32 at gmx.de
Thu Jul 15 15:03:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:41:55PM +1000, Tim Starling wrote:
> If a Wikimedia chapter wants to buy servers for their language wiki to
> avoid slow, poor-quality service or site-wide advertising, then we
> should give them our blessing.

I'd prefer read-only mirrors which redirect the edits to the main
server. I don't know the situation at fr: but at de: we use wikipedia.de
not de.wikipedia.org in press news, so it would be easy to take some
good portion of the traffic off the Florida-servers.

ciao, tom
--
== Weblinks ==
* http://shop.wikipedia.org - WikiReader Internet zu kaufen