[WikiEN-l] Vigilantism or due process (was: Plautus)

Rick giantsrick13 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 16:40:06 UTC 2004

Actually I think you're wrong.  It has accomplished something.  It's accomplished a lot of frustration and the withdrawal of many good editors, and left the asylum in the hands of the inmates.

RickK

Gareth Owen <wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
It strikes me that the only (partially) succesful rehabilitation of a
troublemaking user (Lir) came through a ban, rather than any "arbitration."
The addition of a layer of committees and bureaucracy has not, as far as I can
tell, achieved anything of any note.
--
Gareth Owen
"It's not a human or civic right to edit wikipedia."