[WikiEN-l] Re: Vigilantism or due process (was: Plautus)

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Thu Feb 26 15:10:32 UTC 2004

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <jheiskan at welho.com> writes:
>
>>The dangers are more salient than the benefits. We can afford to lose any
>>number of users to exasperation with vandals and trolls.
>
> No we can't.

"We can afford this!" - "No we can't!" - No offense, people, but some
rational arguments would probably go a somewhat longer way...

> Theres no progression to sysophood  [...] Its not a promotion [...]

It certainly felt like a progression towards a promotion to me.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone there. Sometimes, what most people
perceive something to be is more important to consider than what you
perceive it to be (a.k.a. what you think it actually is).

Timwi