[WikiEN-l] outside evidence and arbitration

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen jheiskan at welho.com
Mon Feb 9 18:42:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 16:43, Fred Bauder wrote:

    The question is: In the case of someone who is definitely not behaving
    themselves here, can other internet activities be considered as we try to
    deal with them? Especially in evaluating whether we are dealing with a
    lifestyle as opposed to limited situational offenses.

    Fred

IMO, you should consider outside behaviour, but always to the benefit
of the user in question.

For someone with a stellar record outside wikipedia, it should serve
as an indication that something with their interaction with wikipidia
may be to blame, and the remedy should try to reflect that.

For someone with less than a stellar record outside wikipedia, the
remedy (if any is conceivable) should reflect that fact, to the effect
that the remedy be realistic, and not merely a trap.

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
(speaking as a private Wikipedian)