[WikiEN-l] Re: Recruits

Jesse Alter jesse at snacksoft.com
Mon Mar 17 04:31:17 UTC 2003

LittleDan, just try linking to Wikipedia articles whenever possible. I found a list of archaic words useful for an Ultima Online community, and whenever I am asked to help someone with research, Wikipedia is one of my first sources. I don't think it's wrong to introduce new things to people. Different people will react differently--some might become interested without becoming addicted.

<<<
How could I tell people about wikipedia without sounding like a nerd? I'm
trying to replace people's Warcraft addictions with Wikipeida (after all,
which one is worse?) but everyone says, "That's so stupid! How are you
addicted to an encyclopedia? You're a nerd!". What do I do? Is it wrong to
try to get someone addicted to something?

-LittleDan