[WikiEN-l] LOTR intro's

Richard Grevers dramatic at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 17 09:03:17 UTC 2003

I've just noticed* that back in December, Magnus Manske edited a bunch of
newly added articles about characters and geopgraphical features from
Tolkien's works by prefacing them with the explanatory note:

''The following information belongs to [[the Lord of the Rings]]
[[fantasy]] [[novel]]''

Which is of course much better than having no indication that the article
refers to a work of fiction. However, many of the articles are actually
about people and places from [[The Silmarillion]].
So I was wondering if there is a preferred format for introducing articles
about literary ephemera.

My first attempt is along the lines of In ''[[The Silmarillion]]'' by
[[J.R.R. Tolkien]] the '''foo''' is a...

--
Richard Grevers