[Textbook-l] Global Text Project

Jaroslaw Lipszyc rekrutacja at gazeta.pl
Sat Sep 9 18:55:06 UTC 2006

> From: Robert Scott Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net>

> that is why I also consider the OLPC project to be something
> of a scam as well

Maybe this is just a strategical effort to get the project happen in the
first place? You cannot declare war to all hardware and software vendors
and hope that they will let you work in peace. I think that by declaring
limited scope of the project OLPC bought themselves precious time. What
will happen after plants are set up and 100$ laptops start to roll out
is a different matter, and i'll be not surprised if those laptops start
to appear in Wal-Mart (and Media Markt, hopefully, because Europe also
need it :-)
BTW - i read this list for some time now, hello to all.
greetings
Jaroslaw Lipszyc