[teampractices] Keeping track of activity in tasks in phabricator

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Wed May 18 18:14:24 UTC 2016

I moved to web notifications instead of email, since they are faster and
easier to scan. I watch only the projects that are strictly related to my
work. For the rest, I subscribe and (very important!) also unsubscribe from
tasks based on current interests.

My email preferences:

Maniphest Tasks
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore A task's status changes.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore A task's owner changes.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore A task's priority changes.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore A task's subscribers change.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore A task's associated projects change.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore One of the tasks a task is blocked by changes
status.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore A task is moved between columns on a workboard.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore Someone comments on a task.
⚫ Email◐ Notify⚪ Ignore Other task activity not listed above occurs.

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Grace Gellerman <ggellerman at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> +1 to the idea of marking tasks you are interested in with tag for your
> personal dashboard.

Except that personal workboards don't scale... Have you tried to mark these
tasks with flags instead?

Anyone using https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/flag/ as the backlog of
tasks not in your backlog that you still want to follow?

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil