[teampractices] More public team meetings

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 1 22:23:11 UTC 2013

Hi there,

The Engineering Community Team has a weekly meeting on Tuesdays. Each of
the 4 members of the team has quite individual tasks and we are all
remote (from each other). So far we haven't seen a need to do a daily
sync of sorts.

Last week, before team coordinator Sumana went on a 3 month sabbatical,
we agreed to do some experimentation with the meetings during this period.

Today we have agreed to convert two of these internal meetings in public
meetings:

* ECT Showcase (last Tuesday of the month) - Showing completed tasks and
sharing short term plans. Video hangout + streaming.

* ECT Office Hour (second Tuesday of the month) - Pre-scheduled topics
followed by Q&A. IRC (with Meetbot!)

The idea of the showcase came because Rob (Sumana's manager) wanted to
join once a month and see what we had accomplished. It's a very good
idea, and now the rest of the community will be able to join our show &
tell  ;)  as well.

Note that both meetings will leave a good record: a video streamed or
IRC meeting minutes and log you can check any time.

We expect to get more out of these meetings keeping the same amount of
calendar slots. We also look forward to coordinate better with our
neighbors at the WMF (especially the community liaisons, LCA and Comms)
thanks to this reorganization of meetings.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Engineering_Community_Team/Meetings

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation