[QA] Problem with Selenium, MobileFrontend, or VisualEditor?

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 8 15:36:50 UTC 2014

I am hoping for some more eyeballs on this test failure:
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/view/BrowserTests/view/-All/job/browsertests-MobileFrontend-en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org-linux-firefox-sauce/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/(root)/VisualEditor%20Mobile/I_can_edit_a_page_using_VisualEditor/
that  started failing not too long ago.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem locally on my Mac, if someone
running Linux or Windows wanted to try, I'd be interested in the result.

What's happening is that Selenium is trying to enter a string into the
ContentEditable div in VisualEditor manifested within the MobileFrontend
web view.  The first character of the string that Selenium types does not
show up as having been entered.

-Chris