[QA] What's the difference between textarea and text_area?

Chris McMahon christopher.mcmahon at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 19:15:39 UTC 2014

I'm going to sound a little like Selenium Clippy here, sorry: it looks like
you're trying to fix the moderation.feature test!

I think you're making this more complicated than it has to be.  I don't
really understand what you're trying to accomplish with the "do |page|"
block.  If you want to specify the element more completely, just make the
css locator deeper.

Take a look at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/167398/1.  That patch
solves your immediate problem in the simplest way I could find, and it
makes the "Deleting a topic" Scenario pass.  The other three Scenarios are
still failing, but in similar ways.

I admit it took me a few tries to sort out some of the locators and the
part where the test was trying to call "when_present" on a string. :-)

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:28 PM, S Page <spage at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Working with the Cheezy Watir cucumber Ruby Selenium WebDriver stack makes
> me feel clueless :-/

Sorry.  The whole thing is designed to be as simple and as abstract as it
can be.  If you find yourself doing stunt programming like writing "do"
blocks for element locators and conditional statements and while loops and
fretting about the difference between "textarea" and "text_area", that is
an indication that you have a misunderstanding somewhere.