[QA] # 147 more reliable Beta Labs for QA

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Nov 6 08:54:55 UTC 2014

Le 06/11/2014 07:05, S Page wrote:
> I'm not sure that a nightly updating once a day is much benefit. By the
> time we figure out master is broken and switch to it as a fallback the
> fix is nearly ready.

The idea behind nightly is to provide a wiki that does not unexpectedly
break because of a commit landing in in the middle of what ever you are
working on.

> Instead depending on how beta's multiversion is set
> up we could run an additional "alpha" version of MW code on the beta
> cluster, with more experimental  features enabled.

We already have enough troubles maintaining the beta cluster
collaboratively.  An alpha cluster that would add a bunch of
experimental code on top, would definitely be unpleasant.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso