[QA] # 147 more reliable Beta Labs for QA

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 6 06:05:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Greg Grossmeier <greg at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> We are also not planning to create yet-another cluster at this time
> but instead use multiversion (hetdeploy) to deploy two versions on the
> current cluster (master updating every 10 mins as now, and a nightly
> updating once per day). That isn't on the immediate roadmap (iow: more
> than a month out) .,..

Will this be similar to how we run different versions of 1.25wmfNN code on
group 0 and group 2 wikis on the one production cluster? If so, sounds
great!

I'm not sure that a nightly updating once a day is much benefit. By the
time we figure out master is broken and switch to it as a fallback the fix
is nearly ready. Instead depending on how beta's multiversion is set up we
could run an additional "alpha" version of MW code on the beta cluster,
with more experimental  features enabled.

Thanks,
--
=S Page  Features engineer