[QA] Is there a way to mark tests as reviewed in Jenkins?

Rob Lanphier robla at wikimedia.org
Tue May 6 22:12:42 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Greg Grossmeier <greg at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> <quote name="Antoine Musso" date="2014-05-06" time="10:18:59 +0200">
>> I am not aware of any Jenkins plugin to review build and flag them or
>> comment on them.
>>
>> On the Wikimedia instance the browsertests build results for
>> MobileFrontend seems to be sent to mobile-tech at wikimedia.org.
>> Potentially you could use that list to reply with your reviews.  We used
>> to do that with MediaWiki core a long time ago where the CVS/svn
>> notification list add a Reply-To header set to wikitech-l.
>>
>> Would it be an acceptable workaround for you?  To be honest I can't
>> think of any other solution  :-(
>
> Mozilla uses:
> https://brasstacks.mozilla.com/orangefactor/
>
> Yet-Another-Single-Use-Tool ;)

I did some poking around in the Jenkins issue tracker looking for the
feature request to suggest something we could vote on (MOB RULE!), and
eventually found this:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-4372

...which led me here:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Claim+plugin

Would something like that help?  It's hard to tell from my very brief
investigation whether this style of annotation would be helpful.  I
don't think it would change the state of the test, but I think it
would at least allow for some level of annotation.

Rob