[QA] Is there a way to mark tests as reviewed in Jenkins?

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Tue May 6 21:21:48 UTC 2014

<quote name="Antoine Musso" date="2014-05-06" time="10:18:59 +0200">
> I am not aware of any Jenkins plugin to review build and flag them or
> comment on them.
>
> On the Wikimedia instance the browsertests build results for
> MobileFrontend seems to be sent to mobile-tech at wikimedia.org.
> Potentially you could use that list to reply with your reviews.  We used
> to do that with MediaWiki core a long time ago where the CVS/svn
> notification list add a Reply-To header set to wikitech-l.
>
> Would it be an acceptable workaround for you?  To be honest I can't
> think of any other solution  :-(

Mozilla uses:
https://brasstacks.mozilla.com/orangefactor/

Yet-Another-Single-Use-Tool ;)

>From the IRC chat:
17:14 <    Callek> greg-g: so on the flaky test scenario for product,
what aki just linked to, plus we have humans that watch the trees and
are pretty good at correlations with bugzilla (tbpl helps us with bug
suggestions based on error line) as well
17:15 <    Callek> we have pipe dreams of getting better automation and
less human-effort expending needed to track these things, and possibly
regress to specific changesets in source, but our current methods are
still better than 5 years ago by *far*

So, grunt work plus tracking tickets :/

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |