[QA] Flagging some Beta Labs issues

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 19 22:15:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Jon Robson <jrobson at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> FWIW I think the more people with different use cases using beta labs
> the better....
>
> I would like to keep us heavily using beta labs to improve the quality
> of the software we push out.

Jon makes a nice point.  The flip side of that heavy use is that beta labs
improves in response to the needs of the people using it. My favorite
example is that once upon a time the Mobile team was suffering because beta
labs had no Varnish cache, so the Mobile team built the Varnish cache for
beta labs themselves, and we've all benefited ever since. Likewise with
Parsoid and the VE team, and a bunch of other stuff earlier on.
-Chris