[QA] How to make use of the VirtualBox / Vagrant environment?

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Fri Jul 19 00:59:39 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Jeff Hall <jeffreyehall at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a general question about the VirtalBox / Vagrant environment.  I have it running successfully on my MacBook, but what specific role is it used for in MediaWiki browser test automation?

It could be the whole stack (firefox, selenium, cucumber, and
mediawiki itself all inside the vagrant VM).

But in this case the instructions said to configure the VM to use a
remote mediawiki with `export
MEDIAWIKI_URL=http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/` so firefox,
selenium, cucumber, etc. would have been local in the VM and mediawiki
on the labs cluster.

See the other threads about the workshop on this list,
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Meetings/2013-07-18 ,
https://git.wikimedia.org/blob/mediawiki%2Fvagrant.git/ca0d886d73cc4180ad52cbf161a59f8796f60457/puppet%2Fmodules%2Fbrowsertests%2FREADME
and https://git.wikimedia.org/blob/mediawiki%2Fvagrant.git/ca0d886d73cc4180ad52cbf161a59f8796f60457/puppet%2Fmanifests%2Froles.pp#L213

-Jeremy