[QA] How to make use of the VirtualBox / Vagrant environment?

Jeff Hall jeffreyehall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 00:37:51 UTC 2013

First off, thanks to everyone who played a role in today's browser test automation workshop.  I'm not new to some of the technologies discussed, but I am brand new to the MediaWiki QA effort, so I got a lot out of Ċ½eljko's excellent presentation and the group discussion as well.  I'm hoping to make my own contributions very soon!

Just a general question about the VirtalBox / Vagrant environment.  I have it running successfully on my MacBook, but what specific role is it used for in MediaWiki browser test automation?

Sorry if that's sort of a newb question, but in my day job I'm a backend guy (working directly with APIs and web services) so I'm not very familiar with browser test automation "best practices", and how the virtual environment(s) contribute to that work.

Thanks much,

Jeff Hall (aka Oldjoe)