[QA] Browser automation workshop next week

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Sat Jul 13 11:17:17 UTC 2013

Hi Quim,

comments are inline.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Quim Gil <qgil at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Željko & Chris, based on our previous experience I think we need very
> clear instructions for any homework that needs to be done before the
> workshop. The "setting up Ruby" kind of problems should be solved before we
> start.

Agreed. I will update the meeting page with instructions on how to set up
everything.

>  Also, people were a bit lost about the different "screens" Chris was
> jumping back and forth. Then when someone asked and he went through them in
> a couple of minutes everything was clear. We could have that enumeration of
> screens and, well, we could have screenshots to illustrate them.

I will watch the video of the previous workshop again and make the
screenshots before the next workshop.

>  Should we still work on WikiLove? As someone pointed out, for an
> introductory workshop like this it is better to focus on a feature not
> relying on registration - and a chance of being blocked by the server.

Do you an idea what feature to test? WikiLove is a good choice because it
is visual and fun to use. The downside is that it needs registration, and
looks like some people had problems with that.

> About communication, let's try Hangout + Etherpad (with its included chat).

Sounds good to me.

Željko