[QA] Browser automation workshop next week

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 11 15:40:31 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 06:49 PM, Carol Sanders wrote:
> I can attend remotely.

Very good Carol! Do you (and anybody else planning to attend) mind
signing up to

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Meetings/2013-07-18

Let's fine tune that page.

Ċ½eljko & Chris, based on our previous experience I think we need very
clear instructions for any homework that needs to be done before the
workshop. The "setting up Ruby" kind of problems should be solved before
we start.

Also, people were a bit lost about the different "screens" Chris was
jumping back and forth. Then when someone asked and he went through them
in a couple of minutes everything was clear. We could have that
enumeration of screens and, well, we could have screenshots to
illustrate them.

Should we still work on WikiLove? As someone pointed out, for an
introductory workshop like this it is better to focus on a feature not
relying on registration - and a chance of being blocked by the server.

About communication, let's try Hangout + Etherpad (with its included chat).

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation