[Mediawiki-l] One software for multiple websites

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:05:37 UTC 2011

Ekompute .info wrote:
> Thank you Daniel for your prompt reply. Actually I had tried that method
> before but I guess I didn't quite understand it. I was thinking that
> changing $IP at LocalSettings.php should  work. Even if it fails, it would
> be a good learning experience.
>
> In any case, I would try the suggested method also. Hopefully, I may
> understand it this time round. Still I would be glad if anyone can tell me
> how to reference a different folder at the same level as I may need it
> occasionally for other purposes.

You don't change $IP in LocalSettings. What you want is mediawiki
finding the appropiate LocalSettings (or a common one with cases inside).
The web browser must hit index.php, not LocalSettings. You can easily do
that by placing symlinks to mediawiki folder.
Or alternatively, using an index.php wrapper which chdirs to mediawiki
folder and requires index.php