[Mediawiki-l] One software for multiple websites

Ekompute .info ekompute at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:06:06 UTC 2011

Hi, I still cannot understand the procedure given in
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wiki_family

However, the LocalSettings comments at the top says:
# If you customize your file layout, set $IP to the directory that contains
# the other MediaWiki files. It will be used as a base to locate files.

So I set $IP = "../commonmediawiki";

where commonmediawiki is the folder that contains all the mediawiki files.
However, it is not working. My LocalSettings.php is contained within a
folder that is at the same level as the commonmediawiki folder. Using "../"
moves the directory pointer one level up before pointing to the
commonmediawiki folder. Did I set the $IP correctly?

--
PM Poon