[Mediawiki-l] mediawiki maintenance scripts DB connection error mysql

Joe Carbone joe-carbone at live.com
Tue Jan 11 01:27:00 UTC 2011

I am using a custom php and mysql installation and custom configurations on top of that for each instance set ...

When running a maintenance script, such as runJobs.php, I get an error:

DB connection error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/mysql/var/lib' (111) (localhost)

The
 DB for this wiki is actually running out of /tmp/mysql.sock and this is
 set in LocalSettings.php, but all the maintenance scripts still want to
 use the default socket path of my custom php installation and custom
mysqld installation.

I even tried to do a runJobs.php --conf /www/mywiki/LocalSettings.php and still gave the same error ?

Is
 there anyway to force the socket location for this, such as a
MYSQL_SOCK system variable or something like that (I am using linux) ?

Thanks.