[Mediawiki-l] SpamBlacklist does not keep spambot away

Henny Savenije webmaster at henny-savenije.pe.kr
Tue Sep 30 02:30:50 UTC 2008

There are excellent robot.txt files out there on
the net and if you google for them you might find
some and if that doesn't work, make a .htacces
file which will block them indefinitely.

At 08:25 ¿ÀÀü 2008-09-30, you wrote:
>Bjorn Kassoe Andersen wrote:
> > I have one or more spambots that keep coming back on a specific page, you
> > can see it in action here:
> > http://www.whatleadership.us/wiki/Special:Recentchanges
> > (this is a test set up - the site is not ready for visitors yet)
>
>How lovely, all those spambots adding and removing the spam from its
>partners.
>
> > Tried to install SpamBlacklist. Used the simple setup suggested for
> > localsettings.php (without including array). Did not get it to work.
>
>That's because hi5.com isn't on the meta blacklist
>http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Spam_blacklist
>
>Try adding it to http://www.whatleadership.us/wiki/MediaWiki:Spam-blacklist
>
> > Also tried to protect the page with no result.
>
>The pages on those RecentChanges aren't protected. Note that on
>deleting, the page will no longer be protected. You need to protect
>against creation.
>
> > The SpamBlacklist extension's talk page has old discussions about it not
> > working, no apparent solution at hand.
> >
> > Any hints?
> >
> > kassoe
>
>You can also try ConfirmEdit
>http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit
>You can configure it to trigger a captcha on link additions/all edits.

Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------
http://www.henny-savenije.pe.kr Portal to all my sites
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr
(in English) Feel free to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/indexk2.htm In Korean
http://www.hendrick-hamel.henny-savenije.pe.kr/Dutch In Dutch
http://www.vos.henny-savenije.pe.kr Frits Vos
Article about Witsen and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch dictionary
http://www.cartography.henny-savenije.pe.kr (in
English) Korea through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.hwasong.henny-savenije.pe.kr Hwasong the fortress in Suwon
http://www.oldKorea.henny-savenije.pe.kr Old Korea in pictures
http://www.british.henny-savenije.pe.kr A British encounter in Pusan (1797)
http://www.genealogy.henny-savenije.pe.kr/ Genealogy