[Mediawiki-l] Possible way to combat spam?

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 11 03:43:49 UTC 2008

My wiki ( www.risdpedia.net ) has been under fierce attack by spam in
the past week, and normally I would do the normal stuff to combat it,
but my wiki is a little different. The people who use the site are
anything but computer savvy, so I cant have them doing the captua
thing, or even confirm edit. I even had to hide the login/create
account at the top page because people thought that meant they had to
create an account, and it was too much work. ( I know, I know).

So I was thinking about the bot. The Bot is looking for specific
links, IDs, and input names to attach to. So what if we where to
rename the input boxes. Would this stop them?

-Adam