[Mediawiki-l] searching page titles

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Thu Jan 10 08:00:11 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Need to get this one out, the other main complaint I'm seeing is that
searching page titles is somewhat weird.

The PHPWiki behavior allowed for partial matches.  For example, if I had
the following page titles in the wiki:

FooFoo
FooFooBar
FooFooBlah
FooFooArgh

And then I searched for "foof", I'd get title matches on all of the above.
The list would contain all of those and I could click on whichever I was
interested in.  We very, very regularly navigate around like this.

If I search on the same terms with the same pages available in mediawiki,
I get no page title matches, just full-text matches.

Is this the expected behavior?

Additionally, it seems like the search is not grabbing some of the new
pages we've added.  Have I missed a cron job or similar needed to keep the
search index up to date?

Thanks,

Charles

(last question for the night)