[Mediawiki-l] hiding and sharing articles/namespaces to the public

revansx at cox.net revansx at cox.net
Tue May 29 20:58:03 UTC 2007

The thought of using two wiki's did occur to me and I considered doing it the same way as the various languages do (i.e. [[en.PageTitle]] for the english version versus [[fr.PageTitle]] for ther french version) and do something like [[priv.PageTitle]] and [[publ.PageTitle]] but I have no experiance doing various language wiki so the whole thing would be new to me. The biggest concern/goal is for the user's experiance to be simple and not have them need to keep track of what is where.

What woudl be geat is if there is an extension that can force an update to a second wiki  such that only the protected wiki would user editable and then the extention tag could be dropped in to the article to push updates to the public wiki. That would be really slick! --- Does that exist? If not...can we (the group) make it?
I'll help :-)
I just don't know where to start - lol

- Rich (revansx)