[Mediawiki-l] Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?

Monahon, Peter B. Peter.Monahon at USPTO.GOV
Tue May 29 14:40:54 UTC 2007

> Arthur wrote: ... So you have Apache,
> PHP, MySQL and MediaWiki working;
> what are you having problems with?

Peter Blaise responds: I'm having problems finding any leads on a basic
wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual.

Okay, the word "basic" may be is presumptive and ambiguous.

So, make that "Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction
manual that is accurate (complete, contemporaneous), and has
installation checks and troubleshooting."

Yes, I'm familiar with
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installation
which is Linux only, and I'm familiar with
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installing_MediaWiki_on_Windows_XP_
-_MediaWiki_1.9.2
which is Windows and IIS not Windows and Apache, and
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Simple_Windows_Apache_Installation
for Windows and Apache, but seems not up to date and overly brief.

None of our shared MediaWiki resources have installation checks and
troubleshooting.

We seem to be handling troubleshooting on a case by case bases as
presented.

So that's why I asked:

"Any leads on a basic wiki setup-and-configure instruction manual?"

So far, the answer is "no", but if I have specific questions and
problems to overcome trying to install MediaWiki, there seem to be many
willing to chat.

Thanks.

- Peter Blaise