[Mediawiki-l] Looking for extension 'Edit Notification'

Dave Sigafoos davesigafoos at sanmar.com
Fri May 25 16:17:57 UTC 2007

I am looking (have searched but not found) for an extension that would
'NOTIFY' the users that a page is currently being edited if they try to
go into edit mode.

I realize that the basic philosophy is what we call 'Optimistic Locking'
(rose colored glassed).  But when the user goes into edit mode IF text
was added saying that another user is editing the page along with 'you
are in preview mode' .. that would be great.

Is this possible?  Does such exist?

Thanks

DSig
David Tod Sigafoos | SANMAR Corporation