[Mediawiki-l] Usage of Templates

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:26:42 UTC 2007

Azurite wrote:
> But the question is, how do I add this "Usage" section? I don't want it
> to appear as part of the template. I looked at the Wikipedia example,
> and it said {{{{FULLPAGENAME}}/doc}}, which I thought was a template,
> but when I looked for a template under that name (or just "fullpagename"
> both caps and not), I didn't find anything. I also searched for anything
> relating to 'template usage' and similar, but I came up with nothing.
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks in advance!
> -Azurite

{{FULLPAGENAME}} is a magic word [1] which get replace by "current page
name". So if Template:Foo contains
<noinclude>{{{{FULLPAGENAME}}/doc}}</noinclude>
It means "Put here the content at Template:Foo/doc, but only if the user
is viewing Template:Foo, not if he's viewing a page which has {{Foo}} in it.

1 -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Magic_words#Page_names_and_related_info